//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: The Light, The Fire...  (Read 55809 times)

Offline Sukma Kemenyan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 109
Re: The Light, The Fire...
« Reply #45 on: 11 November 2013, 01:23:36 PM »
2013-11-11 03.45
0. samatha
1. come come nimitta...
2. come come stable mind...
3. come come samadhi...
4. switch to vipasanna
5. Image flickering...
6. steps back few thought... what caused this image arise...
7. steps back causing another thought arise...
8. ok... kliatannya mesti lebih hati2... agar another irrelevant thought kaga ngebuat makin blurry what caused what.
9. terhanyut dalam investigasi... kedengeran lantunan melayu/keroncong ala batu-goncang (medan fair, read: BINGO)
10. really wondering about the lagu... kale aja dapet 4-angka $_$
11. but what ?
12. KEPARAT!
13. semakin gw coba focus ke suara, gw malah di bisiki dua kata terpisah... "kunt.., anak" pada telinga kiri,
14. posisi mata terpejam langsung terbuka sembari menoleh ke kiri.
15. KEPARAT... KEPARAT.... KEPARAT...
16. tons of another ImageFlickering appear... yes those "subject" :hammer:
17. KEPARAT... KEPARAT... KEPARAT...
« Last Edit: 11 November 2013, 01:25:36 PM by Kemenyan »

Offline juanpedro

• Sahabat Baik
  • Reputasi: 48
« Reply #46 on: 11 November 2013, 04:49:59 PM »
Om Nyan mau tanya2 ne.
kalo meditasi vipassana aman dilakukan sendiri (tanpa mentor) kah? haruskah terlatih dalam meditasi samatha dahulu?

_/\_

Offline Sukma Kemenyan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #47 on: 11 November 2013, 05:12:14 PM »
Om Nyan mau tanya2 ne.
kalo meditasi vipassana aman dilakukan sendiri (tanpa mentor) kah? haruskah terlatih dalam meditasi samatha dahulu?

_/\_
Idealnya mnurut gue jaga.sila > naekin.konsentrasi (via samatha) > lalu akhirnya vipasanna

sejauh ini aman2 aja...
walaupun sering ketmu aneh2x :hammer:

but... jaoh lebih baik kalau ada kalyanamitta yg bisa elo ajak berembuk jikalau tersesat.
baik face2face, via net, tilpun, sms, etc

Offline The Ronald

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 89
« Reply #48 on: 11 November 2013, 05:44:32 PM »
aneh2 itu apa...?

Offline Sukma Kemenyan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #49 on: 11 November 2013, 05:55:42 PM »
aneh2 itu apa...?
Such as... Ilusi pikiran...

Offline juanpedro

• Sahabat Baik
  • Reputasi: 48
« Reply #50 on: 11 November 2013, 06:01:02 PM »
Idealnya mnurut gue jaga.sila > naekin.konsentrasi (via samatha) > lalu akhirnya vipasanna

sejauh ini aman2 aja...
walaupun sering ketmu aneh2x :hammer:

but... jaoh lebih baik kalau ada kalyanamitta yg bisa elo ajak berembuk jikalau tersesat.
baik face2face, via net, tilpun, sms, etc
begitu ya Om...
 beberapa hari kemaren sempat nyoba vipas (fokus pada aktivitas perut yang naik turun) dan baru nyampe di level ngerasain jantung yang memompa darah ke otak  bagian tubuh lainnya. Waktu itu saya pikir 'gila, tubuh yang ‘normalnya’ terasa nyaman ini ternyata kaya pabrik berisi mesin-mesin yang sangat ribut dan bergetar tidak karuan'. Karena sensasi ini baru pertama kali saya rasakan jadi saya berhenti dulu, takut kenapa-napa :))
kalau medit samatha dulu pernah praktik selama beberapa waktu dengan obyek nafas, cuman nggak sampe ngrasain sensasi pabrik tersebut dan sering lost focus. Apa karena obyeknya tidak sesuai watak saya ya? Denger2 watak dan obyek medit sebaiknya ada hubungan sehingga medit bisa lebih baik...

Offline The Ronald

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 89
« Reply #51 on: 11 November 2013, 06:03:13 PM »
Such as... Ilusi pikiran...
kirain lihat hantu...zzz

Offline Sukma Kemenyan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
Quotes of MCTB Impermanence
« Reply #52 on: 13 November 2013, 01:06:10 PM »
Quotes From MCTB Impermance

I will relate four of the many little exercises that I sometimes do that I have found useful for jump-starting and developing insight into impermanence. They will demonstrate how we can be creative in exploring our reality precisely, but hopefully they will not be thought of in some sort of dogmatic way. These objects and postures are not that important, but understanding impermanence directly is.

In one of these exercises, I sit quietly in a quiet place, close my eyes, put one hand on each knee, and concentrate just on my two index fingers. Basic dharma theory tells me that it is definitely not possible to perceive both fingers simultaneously, so with this knowledge I try to see in each instant which one of the two finger’s physical sensations are being perceived. Once the mind has sped up a bit and yet become more stable, I try to perceive the arising and passing of each of these sensations. I may do this for half an hour or an hour, just staying with the sensations in my two fingers and perceiving when each sensation is and isn’t there. This might sound like a lot of work, and it definitely can be until the mind settles into it. It really requires the concentration of a fast sport like table tennis. This is such an engaging exercise and requires such precision that it is easy not to be lost in thought if I am really applying myself. I have found this to be a very useful practice for developing concentration and debunking the illusion of continuity. You can pick any two aspects of your experience for this exercise, be they physical or mental. I generally use my fingers only because through experimentation I have found that it is easy for me to perceive the sensations that make them up.

In another related exercise, I do the same sort of thing, sitting quietly in a quiet place with my eyes closed, but instead I concentrate on the sensations of the front and back of my head. With the knowledge that the illusion of a separate perceiver is partially supported by one impermanent sensation incorrectly seeming to perceive another impermanent sensation which it follows, such as the sensations in the back of the head incorrectly seeming to perceive the sensations of the front of the head which they follow, I try to be really clear about these sensations and when they are and aren’t there. I try to be clear if the sensations in the head are from the front or the back of the head in each instant, and then try to experience clearly the beginning and ending of each individual sensation.

This practice also requires a table tennis-like precision. Half an hour to an hour of this can be quite a workout until the mind speeds up and becomes more stable, but this sort of effort pays off. When I am engaged with this practice, there is little room to be lost in thought. I have also found this a very useful practice for developing concentration and debunking the illusion of continuity and the illusion of a separate self (more on that later).

In another exercise, which is quite common to many meditation traditions, I sit quietly in a quiet place, close my eyes, and concentrate on the breath. More than just concentrating on it, I know that the sensations that make up the concept “breath” are each impermanent, lasting only an instant. With this knowledge, I try to see how many individual times in each part of the breath I can perceive the sensations that make up the breath. During the in-breath I try to experience it as many times as possible, and try to be quite precise about exactly when the in-breath begins and ends.

More than this, I try to perceive exactly and precisely when each sensation of motion or physicality of the breath arises and passes. I then do the same for the out-breath, paying particular attention to the exact end of the out-breath and then the beginning of the new in-breath. I don’t worry about how I am breathing because it is not the quality of the breath which I am concerned with or even what the sensations are, but the ultimate nature of these sensations: their impermanence, their arising and passing away. When I am really engaged with bending the mind to this exercise, there is little room to be lost in thought. I have found this to be a very useful practice for developing concentration and penetrating the illusion of continuity.

In the last exercise, I take on the thoughts directly. I know that the sensations that make up thoughts can reveal the truth of the Three Characteristics to me, so I have no fear of them; instead I regard them as more glorious opportunities for insight. Again, sitting quietly in a quiet place with my eyes closed, I turn the mind to the thought stream. However, rather than paying attention to the content like I usually do, I pay attention to the ultimate nature of the numerous sensations that make up thoughts: impermanence. I may even make the thoughts in my head more and more intense just to get a good look at them.

It is absolutely essential to try to figure out how you experience thoughts, otherwise you will simply flounder in content. What do thoughts feel like? Where do they occur? How big are they? What do they look like, smell like, taste like, sound like? How long do they last? Where are their edges? Only take on this practice if you are willing to try to work on this level, the level that tries to figure out what thoughts actually are rather than what they mean or imply.

If my thoughts are somewhat auditory,
I begin by trying to perceive each syllable of the current thought and then each syllable’s beginning and ending.

If they are somewhat visual,
I try to perceive every instant in which a mental image presents itself.

If they seem somewhat physical, such as the memory of a movement or feeling,
I try to perceive exactly how long each little sensation of this memory lasts.

This sort of investigation can actually be fairly easy to do and yet is quite powerful. Things can also get a bit odd quickly when doing this sort of practice, but I don’t worry about that. Sometimes thoughts can begin to sound like the auditory strobing section of the song “Crimson and Clover,” where it sounds like they are standing at a spinning microphone. Sometimes the images in our head can begin to flash and flicker. Sometimes our very sense of attention can begin to strobe. This is the point! The sensations that imply a mind and mental processes are discontinuous, impermanent.

Again, this practice requires steadiness and determination, as well as precision. When I am really engaged with this, there is no time to be lost in the content of the thoughts, as I am trying too hard to be clear about the beginning and ending of each little flicker, squawk and pulse which makes up thought. This can be an especially fun practice when difficult thoughts are distracting me from a physical sensation. I can turn on them, break them down into meaningless little blips, little vibrations of suchness, and then they don’t have the power to cause me any trouble. They just scatter like confetti. They are seen as they are: small, quick and harmless. They have a message to convey, but then they are gone.

When I am done with this exercise, I return to physical objects and their arising and passing. However, I have found taking on the sensations that make up thoughts to be another very useful exercise for developing concentration and penetrating the illusion of continuity. It doesn’t matter if they are “good thoughts” or “bad thoughts,” as all mental sensations are also dripping with ultimate truth that is just waiting to be discovered, and thus I can proceed in my investigation with confidence regardless of what arises. Whether our illusions are penetrated using physical sensations or mental sensations is actually completely irrelevant.

Hopefully these exercises will give you some idea about how one might practice understanding impermanence. Impermanence is a true mark of ultimate reality, so just understanding this again and again can be sufficient to drum it into our thick heads, debunk the illusion of continuity, and once this is drummed into our thick heads we are free. This can be a subtle business, so be patient and persevere. Remember all three trainings. Following flickering sensations and understanding the other two characteristics of suffering and no-self that they manifest can be a powerful and direct cause for deep insights and awakenings.
« Last Edit: 13 November 2013, 01:11:07 PM by Kemenyan »

Offline Shasika

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 101
  • Semoga semua mahluk berbahagia
« Reply #53 on: 17 November 2013, 04:49:13 PM »
If U dnt mind wld U like to tell to me which one U did meditation of exercises above ?
What the result of each exercise ?
Thx a lot for Ur kindness to wld like to share Ur experiences. ^:)^

I'm an ordinary human only

Offline Sukma Kemenyan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #54 on: 21 November 2013, 12:58:04 PM »
If U dnt mind wld U like to tell to me which one U did meditation of exercises above ?
Start with samatha (single object concentration),
When nimitta stable,
Continue with Vipassana (Object: Tilakhana [annica, dukkha, anatta])
Tilakhana How ?
   annica - marking/note/check/identify dengan each sensation arise (from 5 Indra + 1 pikiran),
                either is gatal, pegel, bosen, wangi, bau, panas, dingin, etc,
                yes, you will be flooded by sensation if you really in-detail looking where the sensation arise,
                mark em all... just realize they arise... be aware when they arise... after that?
                Ignore em... continue be aware what/where the next sensation arise...
                after that? be aware also what kind of [emotion generated]

dukkha - what kind of emotions generated by bhavanga (hadayavatthu) when 5+1 sensation appear

anatta - its a bonus... no need to lookup

What the result of each exercise ?
Samatha ?
To make sure mind its stable, ready and aware enough and up to challanges

Vipasanna Tilakhana ?
For now... nothing,
Those technique its still work in progress,
Its just an exercise of understanding how perception / mind / kamma works,
     hopefully lucky enough and its membuahkan hasil

any input / advice is welcome...
« Last Edit: 21 November 2013, 01:12:09 PM by Kemenyan »

Offline bond

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 189
  • Buddhang Saranam Gacchami...
« Reply #55 on: 21 November 2013, 01:40:51 PM »
Start with samatha (single object concentration),
When nimitta stable,
Continue with Vipassana (Object: Tilakhana [annica, dukkha, anatta])
Tilakhana How ?
   annica - marking/note/check/identify dengan each sensation arise (from 5 Indra + 1 pikiran),
                either is gatal, pegel, bosen, wangi, bau, panas, dingin, etc,
                yes, you will be flooded by sensation if you really in-detail looking where the sensation arise,
                mark em all... just realize they arise... be aware when they arise... after that?
                Ignore em... continue be aware what/where the next sensation arise...
                after that? be aware also what kind of [emotion generated]

dukkha - what kind of emotions generated by bhavanga (hadayavatthu) when 5+1 sensation appear

anatta - its a bonus... no need to lookup
Samatha ?
To make sure mind its stable, ready and aware enough and up to challanges

Vipasanna Tilakhana ?
For now... nothing,
Those technique its still work in progress,
Its just an exercise of understanding how perception / mind / kamma works,
     hopefully lucky enough and its membuahkan hasil

any input / advice is welcome...

Mbah cuma saran , bisa baca knowing and seeing tentang anapanasati dll. Sistematis step samatha dan vipasannanya.
Natthi me saranam annam, Buddho me saranam varam, Etena saccavajjena, Sotthi te hotu sabbada

Offline Sukma Kemenyan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #56 on: 21 November 2013, 01:58:57 PM »
Mbah cuma saran , bisa baca knowing and seeing tentang anapanasati dll. Sistematis step samatha dan vipasannanya.

[PDF] Knowing and Seeing - BuddhaNet
Buddha Dharma Education Association Inc. by Ven. Pa-Auk Sayadaw
www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/know-see.pdf

This one ?

Offline bond

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #57 on: 21 November 2013, 02:14:38 PM »
[PDF] Knowing and Seeing - BuddhaNet
Buddha Dharma Education Association Inc. by Ven. Pa-Auk Sayadaw
www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/know-see.pdf

This one ?

Yup mbah
Natthi me saranam annam, Buddho me saranam varam, Etena saccavajjena, Sotthi te hotu sabbada

Offline Sukma Kemenyan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
« Reply #58 on: 21 November 2013, 02:16:52 PM »
Yup mbah
Downloading... moga-moga bukan hanya...
"Do this... Do that... Just Listen to Breath..."

Offline bond

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #59 on: 21 November 2013, 02:25:40 PM »
Downloading... moga-moga bukan hanya...
"Do this... Do that... Just Listen to Breath..."

Smoga sesuai...

anything