//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: Buddhism won “The Best Religion In The World” award  (Read 14632 times)

Offline Elin

• DhammaCitta Press
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 222
Buddhism won “The Best Religion In The World” award
« on: 23 July 2009, 04:38:35 PM »
Just forward from friends via email (sumber dan keabsahan content meragukan):
Please "Sati" during reading...

15 Jul 2009, Tribune de Geneve

The Geneva-based International Coalition for the Advancement of Religious and Spirituality (ICARUS) has bestowed "The Best Religion In the World" award this year on the Buddhist Community.

This special award was voted on by an international round table of more than 200 religious leaders from every part of the spiritual spectrum. It was fascinating to note that many religious leaders voted for Buddhism rather than their own religion although Buddhists actually make up a tiny minority of ICARUS membership. Here are the comments by four voting members:

Jonna Hult, Director of Research for ICARUS said "It wasn't a surprise to me that Buddhism won Best
Religion in the World, because we could find literally not one single instance of a war fought in the name of Buddhism, in contrast to every other religion that seems to keep a gun in the closet just in case God makes a mistake. We were hard pressed to even find a Buddhist that had ever been in an army. These people practice what they preach to an extent we simply could not document with any other spiritual tradition."

A Catholic Priest, Father Ted O'Shaughnessy said from Belfast, "As much as I love the Catholic Church, it has always bothered me to no end that we preach love in our scripture yet then claim to know God's will when it comes to killing other humans. For that reason, I did have to cast my vote for the Buddhists."

A Muslim Cleric Tal Bin Wassad agreed from Pakistan via his translator. "While I am a devout Muslim, I can see how much anger and bloodshed is channeled into religious expression rather than dealt with on a personal level. The Buddhists have that figured out." Bin Wassad, the ICARUS voting member for Pakistan 's Muslim community continued, "In fact, some of my best friends are Buddhist."

And Rabbi Shmuel Wasserstein said from Jerusalem, "Of course, I love Judaism, and I think it's the greatest religion in the world. But to be honest, I've been practicing Vipassana meditation every day before minyan (daily Jewish prayer) since 1993. So I get it."

However, there was one snag - ICARUS couldn't find anyone to give the award to. All the Buddhists they called kept saying they didn't want the award.

When asked why the Burmese Buddhist community refused the award, Buddhist monk Bhante Ghurata Hanta said from Burma, "We are grateful for the acknowledgement, but we give this award to all humanity, for Buddha nature lies within each of us." Groehlichen went on to say "We're going to keep calling around until we find a Buddhist who will accept it. We'll let you know when we do."

Bro & sis...
What do u think about this??
« Last Edit: 24 July 2009, 02:06:26 AM by Kemenyan »

Offline Forte

• Sebelumnya FoxRockman
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 458
  • not mine - not me - not myself
Re: Buddhism won “The Best Religion In The World” award
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2009, 04:42:31 PM »
i think.. wah.. masa penganut agama lain bisa dapat manfaat dari Buddhism, sedangkan Buddhist sendiri masih banyak yang belum dapat manfaat dari Buddhism.. masa kalah ama penganut agama lain.. :P
Ini bukan milikku, ini bukan aku, ini bukan diriku
6 kelompok 6 - Chachakka Sutta MN 148

Offline hatRed

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 138
  • step at the right place to be light
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2009, 04:45:19 PM »
a proof
i'm just a mammal with troubled soul

Offline Kelana

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 142
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2009, 04:47:06 PM »
Meraih lebih mudah daripada mempertahankan......
Btw saya masih cari sumber berita ini.... tahu-tahu hoax kan ngak lucu  ^-^
« Last Edit: 23 July 2009, 04:50:11 PM by Kelana »
GKBU

_/\_ suvatthi hotu

- finire -

Offline Sumedho

• Kebetulan
  • Administrator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 423
  • not self
« Reply #4 on: 23 July 2009, 04:51:46 PM »
katanya ini.... hoax... hmmm sapakah itu ICARUS (Coalition for the Advancement of Religious and Spirituality) ?

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Offline hatRed

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2009, 04:56:17 PM »
icarus... salah satu angel dari Artemis dalam Saint Seiya ^-^

hehe... menarik juga sih... para pemuka agama malah meragukan agamanya,.. :P

tapi bisa aja terjadi.. :) jika....

Offline indera_9

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 24
« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2009, 05:01:02 PM »
katanya ini.... hoax... hmmm sapakah itu ICARUS (Coalition for the Advancement of Religious and Spirituality) ?

Hoax ? Sangat disayangkan  ;D
Hatred doesn't cease through hatred at anytime. Hatred ceases through love. This is the unalterable law

Offline Lex Chan

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 134
  • Love everybody, not every body...
« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2009, 05:01:24 PM »
However, there was one snag - ICARUS couldn't find anyone to give the award to. All the Buddhists they called kept saying they didn't want the award.

pendapat saya: ini bukan berita penting, terlepas dari hoax atau bukan.. :)

tapi salut dengan yg di-bold itu.. :jempol:
“Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. Give the world your best anyway”
-Mother Teresa-

Offline Kelana

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 142
« Reply #8 on: 23 July 2009, 05:01:52 PM »
Dari blog Bhante Dhammika : Ini berita Hoax, jadi tidka perlu diteruskan
GKBU

_/\_ suvatthi hotu

- finire -

Offline ryu

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 429
  • hampir mencapai penggelapan sempurna ;D
« Reply #9 on: 23 July 2009, 05:02:03 PM »
Lately the article "Buddhism Wins Best Religion in the World Award" is spreading very fast through out the web especially among the Buddhists. I've been receiving emails from friends about "the good news" since the article was published at blog.beliefnet.com on the 15th of July. It was supposed to be a news reported by Linda Moulin from Tribune de Geneve.

I've tried to search for the article at Tribune de Geneve but found nothing, not even any article by Linda Moulin. The person responsible for posting it at beliefnet.com is Jerry Kolber, one of the authors. At the time of this posting, he has not tell the actual source yet.

Please spread the words so that the Buddhists don't make a fool of themselves in celebrating it before verifying the news. It may be a hoax and it looks like it at the moment.

http://dhammaprotector.blogspot.com/
Janganlah memperhatikan kesalahan dan hal-hal yang telah atau belum dikerjakan oleh diri sendiri. Tetapi, perhatikanlah apa yang telah dikerjakan dan apa yang belum dikerjakan oleh orang lain =))

Offline indera_9

• Sahabat
  • Reputasi: 24
« Reply #10 on: 23 July 2009, 05:10:42 PM »
Terlepas berita itu hoax atau bukan, kita sebagai para pelaksana ajaran Sang Buddha tetap merasakan kebahagiaan dalam diri kita masing-masing. Gitu aja kok repot  ;D

:))
Hatred doesn't cease through hatred at anytime. Hatred ceases through love. This is the unalterable law

Offline hatRed

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #11 on: 23 July 2009, 05:13:38 PM »
eniwei

All the Buddhists they called kept saying they didn't want the award.

Buddhism is not Religion

Offline naviscope

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 48
« Reply #12 on: 23 July 2009, 05:45:03 PM »
IMO, that don't impress me much

emang dibuddhism diajarin untuk kemelakatan seperti itu? ^^
Tinggalkan masa lalu, lepaskan beban akan masa depan, tidak terikat dengan yang sekarang maka kamu akan merasakan kedamain batin.

Leave the past alone, do not worry about the future, do not cling to the present and you will achieve calm.

Offline naviscope

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 48
« Reply #13 on: 23 July 2009, 05:46:45 PM »
icarus... salah satu angel dari Artemis dalam Saint Seiya ^-^

hehe... menarik juga sih... para pemuka agama malah meragukan agamanya,.. :P

tapi bisa aja terjadi.. :) jika....

icarus itu seperti cupid, ada di jajaran dewa yunani
sama bentuknya anak kecil trus bersayap trus pegang busur ama panah, don't know dech klu ada hubungan saudara ama cupid
masih sepupu-an kale ^^
« Last Edit: 23 July 2009, 05:58:08 PM by naviscope »
Tinggalkan masa lalu, lepaskan beban akan masa depan, tidak terikat dengan yang sekarang maka kamu akan merasakan kedamain batin.

Leave the past alone, do not worry about the future, do not cling to the present and you will achieve calm.

Offline Elin

• DhammaCitta Press
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 222
« Reply #14 on: 23 July 2009, 05:51:52 PM »
wew.. klo info ini menyesatkan, Elin minta maaf.. :(