//honeypot demagogic

Forum DhammaCitta. Forum Diskusi Buddhis Indonesia

Author Topic: [Myanmar] Kekerasan Memanas, 20 Orang Tewas & 5 Rumah Ibadah Dibakar  (Read 10778 times)

Offline Shasika

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 101
  • Semoga semua mahluk berbahagia
Re: [Myanmar] Kekerasan Memanas, 20 Orang Tewas & 5 Rumah Ibadah Dibakar
« Reply #30 on: 16 April 2013, 06:48:03 PM »
Ada yang mengerti bahasa Myanmar?

Ingat.....ragu pangkal cerah

[at] bro Kelana,
Sudah sy cross-check kan dg 2 bhikkhu Myanmar temen sekelas dlu, mrk ga mau jawab, sy paham dan maklum krn smw email ato fb yg berkaitan ke LN udh di pasang semacam "CCTV" apapun yg ditulis mrk akan ketahuan pemerintah, jd mrk ga berani.

Lalu sy hubungi teman lain yg satu kelas pula tp bukan kebangsaan Myanmar, hanya beliau bisa bhs myanmar, menurut beliau itu video "fake" karena yg dibicarakan "sound" ama sesungguhnya "lips move" beda....mohon hati2, bgtu pesan dia, beliau berusaha down load itu video tp krn posisi di Myanmar, jd ga berhasil trs, skrg beliau sdg ke bangkok, mudah2an beliau bisa download dan mendengarkan "ASLI" dari pesannya...semoga aja, krn suara yg muncul beda dengan ucapan yg sesungguhnya. demikian yg bs saya bantu bro. smg bermanfaat.

Oya ada satu lagi, klo ini seorang kebangsaan Indonesia yg berada disana, beliau juga berusaha down load tp gagal melulu, jd sy msh menunggu berita dr beliau, krn sampe skrg belum berhasil download.

I'm an ordinary human only

Offline morpheus

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 110
  • Ragu pangkal cerah!
« Reply #31 on: 19 April 2013, 09:33:50 AM »
[at] bro Kelana,
Sudah sy cross-check kan dg 2 bhikkhu Myanmar temen sekelas dlu, mrk ga mau jawab, sy paham dan maklum krn smw email ato fb yg berkaitan ke LN udh di pasang semacam "CCTV" apapun yg ditulis mrk akan ketahuan pemerintah, jd mrk ga berani.

Lalu sy hubungi teman lain yg satu kelas pula tp bukan kebangsaan Myanmar, hanya beliau bisa bhs myanmar, menurut beliau itu video "fake" karena yg dibicarakan "sound" ama sesungguhnya "lips move" beda....mohon hati2, bgtu pesan dia, beliau berusaha down load itu video tp krn posisi di Myanmar, jd ga berhasil trs, skrg beliau sdg ke bangkok, mudah2an beliau bisa download dan mendengarkan "ASLI" dari pesannya...semoga aja, krn suara yg muncul beda dengan ucapan yg sesungguhnya. demikian yg bs saya bantu bro. smg bermanfaat.

Oya ada satu lagi, klo ini seorang kebangsaan Indonesia yg berada disana, beliau juga berusaha down load tp gagal melulu, jd sy msh menunggu berita dr beliau, krn sampe skrg belum berhasil download.
ada video aslinya? tolong diupload supaya kita bisa liat bedanya...

kalo yang dipermasalahkan suara dengan videonya terlihat beda, itu karena kualitas encodingnya jelek, suaranya lebih cepat dari videonya. coba suaranya disinkronkan, cocok kok...

menghargai concern member di sini yang takut pada tindakan balas dendam, saya gak memposting artikel2 lain setelah post ini.

namun bagi saya, ini jelas. tindakan intoleransi dan praktek2 kebencian harus dikecam, apalagi kalau dilakukan oleh bhikkhu. buddhis harus bersuara untuk mencegah pembusukan di dalam buddhis sendiri, bukan diam saja. dengan segala pembusukan ini, kehancuran agama buddha sudah di ambang pintu dan akan kehilangan relevansinya di dunia modern...

saya posting satu artikel lagi saja dari new york times:
Monks Gone Bad
By SWE WIN

YANGON, Myanmar — Five years ago, when Myanmar was still under military rule, some Western and Chinese friends asked me how there could be such oppression in a country where Buddhism, which preaches nonviolence, is the predominant religion.

I was in self-imposed exile at the time, studying journalism at the University of Hong Kong, and I would answer that the country’s military leaders were immoral, Buddhists in name only. I would also point out that Myanmar’s pre-colonial monarchical rulers — they, too, nominally Buddhist — also had committed great crimes. In other words, nothing was wrong with the religion itself; the problem was with the politicians who were flouting it.

I can’t give such answers any more — not since the recent deadly attacks by Buddhists against Muslims in Meikhtila, a city in central Myanmar with no history of sectarian violence. Reports that monks instigated some of those burnings, beatings and killings suggest a much deeper problem than unprincipled state officials.

The general public in Myanmar, which is largely Buddhist (about 90 percent) and ethnic Bamar (over 65 percent), would like to believe that the Buddhist monks who allegedly participated in these brutal incidents aren’t real monks. That’s easier than contemplating the painful reality that the venerated Buddhist order, the Sangha, has become largely corrupt.

There was a time when most of the young men and women who joined the order were driven by a spiritual quest. But during the half-century of the junta’s rule, it was the wars along the border areas and crushing poverty that brought novices to monasteries. Many were orphans with no other options; others were children entrusted to the monks by destitute parents trying to secure shelter and some schooling for them. In the profile of its recruits, the Sangha wasn’t so different from the Burmese Army — and sometimes the abbots were as brutal as officers.

I grew up in 1990s in a conservative Buddhist family and spent every summer after the fifth grade studying at monasteries. Rather than focus on meditation, the monks practiced astrology to attract donations and were busy collecting household objects as alms. Today, many Burmese monks own digital phones, luxury cars and LCD televisions. Some also gamble. “Only when you grow old do you seek the path of spirituality,” an abbot in Yangon told me last week. “Otherwise, most of the monks lead a normal life not different from that of laymen.”

Worse, the monks I met during those summers viewed the Sangha as a sect, displaying little regard for other faiths and much indifference for the universal nature of Buddha’s teachings. As long as Myanmar is unstable politically and economically, the order will remain a refuge for people in trouble but also, in some cases, a breeding ground for sectarianism.

In 2001, anti-Muslim attacks broke out in Taungoo, Pyinmana, Kyaukse and other cities in central Myanmar, and several of the young monks involved were jailed. I met some of them in Myingyan Prison near Mandalay, where I was serving time as a student dissident. One proudly told me that he had defended Buddhism by torching Muslims’ properties. Another, known as Wirathu, who was jailed at a different prison for the same crimes now runs a campaign called the 969 movement, giving hate speeches against Muslims.

I’m glad they didn’t say I was not a Buddhist.

===

Swe Win is a freelance journalist based in Yangon.
cukup sampai di sini untuk topik ini.
terserah, buddhis memilih untuk prihatin atau tidur membutakan diri dari masalah ini...
* I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it
* Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path

Offline Shasika

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #32 on: 19 April 2013, 09:43:09 AM »
ada video aslinya? tolong diupload supaya kita bisa liat bedanya...

kalo yang dipermasalahkan suara dengan videonya terlihat beda, itu karena kualitas encodingnya jelek, suaranya lebih cepat dari videonya. coba suaranya disinkronkan, cocok kok...

menghargai concern member di sini yang takut pada tindakan balas dendam, saya gak memposting artikel2 lain setelah post ini.

namun bagi saya, ini jelas. tindakan intoleransi dan praktek2 kebencian harus dikecam, apalagi kalau dilakukan oleh bhikkhu. buddhis harus bersuara untuk mencegah pembusukan di dalam buddhis sendiri, bukan diam saja. dengan segala pembusukan ini, kehancuran agama buddha sudah di ambang pintu dan akan kehilangan relevansinya di dunia modern...

saya posting satu artikel lagi saja dari new york times:cukup sampai di sini untuk topik ini.
terserah, buddhis memilih untuk prihatin atau tidur membutakan diri dari masalah ini...

Monks Gone Bad
By SWE WIN

YANGON, Myanmar — Five years ago, when Myanmar was still under military rule, some Western and Chinese friends asked me how there could be such oppression in a country where Buddhism, which preaches nonviolence, is the predominant religion.

I was in self-imposed exile at the time, studying journalism at the University of Hong Kong, and I would answer that the country’s military leaders were immoral, Buddhists in name only. I would also point out that Myanmar’s pre-colonial monarchical rulers — they, too, nominally Buddhist — also had committed great crimes. In other words, nothing was wrong with the religion itself; the problem was with the politicians who were flouting it.

I can’t give such answers any more — not since the recent deadly attacks by Buddhists against Muslims in Meikhtila, a city in central Myanmar with no history of sectarian violence. Reports that monks instigated some of those burnings, beatings and killings suggest a much deeper problem than unprincipled state officials.

The general public in Myanmar, which is largely Buddhist (about 90 percent) and ethnic Bamar (over 65 percent), would like to believe that the Buddhist monks who allegedly participated in these brutal incidents aren’t real monks. That’s easier than contemplating the painful reality that the venerated Buddhist order, the Sangha, has become largely corrupt.

There was a time when most of the young men and women who joined the order were driven by a spiritual quest. But during the half-century of the junta’s rule, it was the wars along the border areas and crushing poverty that brought novices to monasteries. Many were orphans with no other options; others were children entrusted to the monks by destitute parents trying to secure shelter and some schooling for them. In the profile of its recruits, the Sangha wasn’t so different from the Burmese Army — and sometimes the abbots were as brutal as officers.

I grew up in 1990s in a conservative Buddhist family and spent every summer after the fifth grade studying at monasteries. Rather than focus on meditation, the monks practiced astrology to attract donations and were busy collecting household objects as alms. Today, many Burmese monks own digital phones, luxury cars and LCD televisions. Some also gamble. “Only when you grow old do you seek the path of spirituality,” an abbot in Yangon told me last week. “Otherwise, most of the monks lead a normal life not different from that of laymen.”

Worse, the monks I met during those summers viewed the Sangha as a sect, displaying little regard for other faiths and much indifference for the universal nature of Buddha’s teachings. As long as Myanmar is unstable politically and economically, the order will remain a refuge for people in trouble but also, in some cases, a breeding ground for sectarianism.

In 2001, anti-Muslim attacks broke out in Taungoo, Pyinmana, Kyaukse and other cities in central Myanmar, and several of the young monks involved were jailed. I met some of them in Myingyan Prison near Mandalay, where I was serving time as a student dissident. One proudly told me that he had defended Buddhism by torching Muslims’ properties. Another, known as Wirathu, who was jailed at a different prison for the same crimes now runs a campaign called the 969 movement, giving hate speeches against Muslims.

I’m glad they didn’t say I was not a Buddhist.

===

Swe Win is a freelance journalist based in Yangon.

[at] bro Morpheus,
Saya sangat senang sekali dengan artikel anda ini krn memang demikian keadaan yg sesungguhnya disana, hanya para militer beserta keluarga dan para Bhikkhu (***maaf ini kenyataan) yang dapat hidup lebih dari nyaman.  ;D

Tentang Video karena sy buta bhs Myanmar jd saya tidak berani komen apapun, sy msh menunggu jwbn dr sana. Sejak bro Kelana tanya di forum sy udh hunting mereka yang dlu temen2 sekelas sy tp mrk ga jwb2, sy pikir krn sibuk, sy tanya lg, tetap blm dijawab, akhirnya sy nyari alternatif lain, juga blm berhasil dpt jwbn.... :))

Offline Sunyata

• KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 52
« Reply #33 on: 19 April 2013, 12:17:06 PM »
Buddha bilang kebencian harus dibalas dengan cinta kasih. Maksudnya cinta kasih yg bagaimana sih? Dan dalam kasus ini bagaimana cinta kasih itu dapat diaplikasikan?

Offline El Sol

• Sebelumnya: El Sol
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 6
« Reply #34 on: 19 April 2013, 12:46:03 PM »
Selam dimana mana pasti ada masalah! Damai apanya sih tuh agama?

Offline Shasika

• KalyanaMitta
« Reply #35 on: 20 April 2013, 10:38:11 AM »
Selam dimana mana pasti ada masalah! Damai apanya sih tuh agama?

[at] bro Sol Capoeira,
IYA memang selamanya dimana2 selalu ada masalah karena mereka semua BUKAN arahat, apabila semua manusia di dunia ini udah mampu mencapai arahat semua maka barulah dunia damai. Mau Agama apapun itu TIDAK menjamin kedamaian, karena ternyata negara yang beragama Buddhist pun juga belum damai, masih terjadi pelanggaran HAM. ;D

Offline morpheus

• Global Moderator
  • KalyanaMitta
  • Reputasi: 110
  • Ragu pangkal cerah!
« Reply #36 on: 20 April 2013, 08:34:01 PM »
Buddha bilang kebencian harus dibalas dengan cinta kasih. Maksudnya cinta kasih yg bagaimana sih? Dan dalam kasus ini bagaimana cinta kasih itu dapat diaplikasikan?
jangan mencampuradukkan ajaran pengembangan batin dengan masalah sosial.
masalah sosial obatnya adalah kebijakan sosial, masalah ekonomi makro obatnya adalah kebijakan ekonomi makro.

btw, yang benar adalah kebencian berakhir dengan tidak membenci...

5. Kebencian tak akan pernah berakhir, apabila dibalas dengan kebencian. Tetapi, kebencian akan berakhir, Bila dibalas dengan tidak membenci. Inilah satu hukum abadi.

5. Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased. This is a law eternal.
* I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it
* Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path

anything